I hope you had a wonderful weekend! This week, we will begin differentiated homework in second grade. This means that each student in our class will still have the same expectation of homework (1 page of math and 1 page of language arts–reading comprehension this week), but the pages will look different.
In math this week, we are focusing on the following skills:
- Different ways to write numbers
- Different names for numbers
- Problem-solving with tens and ones
- Counting patterns up to 100
In grammar this week, we are focusing on the following skills (and this work will be done in Centers):
- More practice with sorting nouns
- More practice with common nouns and proper nouns
- Alphabetical order
In writing this week, we are focusing on the following:
- The elements of a complete sentence (subject & predicate)
I am looking forward to a great week!